Background Check and Screening FAQ
Time may vary depending on the county as there are over 3,000 counties in the USA. We can typically fulfill your request on the same-day your applicant completes the required forms and returns them to us.
We can provide Drug Test results within 2-3 days after specimen collection.
We always strive to get you the most complete and accurate Background Checks available. Still, there may be some items that do not show up. Here’s why:
- The criminal records in question may have been sealed or expunged.
- Due to current federal laws, criminal records older than 7 years are not reportable.
- The records are recent and the conviction hasn’t been released to the public record.
- The information we received from you to run our Background Checks may contain invalid or incorrect information, including: name misspellings, incorrect date of birth, incorrect social security number.
- The fault may not be in the information we received, but instead may be with the courts. When the subject was processed, he or she may have given incorrect information, or the court clerk may have entered the information incorrectly.
If you ever believe that one of our reports is incomplete or inaccurate, please contact us and we will investigate further.
What Forms Or Disclosures Does The Job Applicant Need to Sign In Order For Background Runner To Process My Order?
Once you become a client and log into our system, we will provide you with the appropriate forms for your specific request(s). They are all available and fillable online.
Yes. Each applicant needs to complete and sign a release in order to be in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). These forms will be provided to you as part of our service.
Responsibility is a key to any position at any job. A credit report is one of the best ways to learn about someone’s level of responsibility. This is even more important if they are going to be in a position where they are handling the company’s financial information, assets or funds.
A credit report uses the same information as other Employment and Identity Background Checks, which makes adding it to a Pre-Employment Screening very easy. All it takes is checking an additional box or two and you’re done.
The principal reason for running a Pre-Employment Credit Check is to learn about the applicant’s level of responsibility and ability to manage and handle money. But there is much more to learn from a Credit Check than that. You can also learn from a Credit Check…
- Whether the applicant’s name and Social Security Number match, which helps with Identity Verification
- An applicant’s full name and list of aliases used
- List of prior addresses
- Types of credit received and how it was used
- Previous employment history (in some cases)
- Derogatory credit information, such as collections, charge-offs, bankruptcies and more.
All of this helps you to learn more about your potential employee.
We use enhanced matching logic that helps us ensure the reports you receive on your inquiry are for the right person. Computers can only do so much and they can’t always make sense of that data. If a situation arises where data needs to be reviewed, our employees are specialists in reviewing each set of results to maintain the highest quality results.
Our Pre-Employment Background Check process is candidate-friendly. If a Credit Check is run as part of an Employment Check, then the check shows up as a “soft inquiry,” which has no effect on the candidate’s credit rating.
We will send the job candidate a screening invitation via email asking them to provide answers to identity verification questions. Once the applicant successfully completes this series of questions, the search is started and result reports are sent directly to you and your applicant. You will have the information you need about their credit history to make a well-informed hiring decision.
Click here to get started and you can run your first Background Check right away.
No. We do not charge Sign-Up fees.